Our 10 in 1 Highlights of Costa Rica’s Pacific Coast Tour is our most wanted and I highly recommend it for you. Our new most wanted tour has a duration of 8 hours from 8:00am to 4:00pm (customizable accordingly to your cruise schedule in our port for sure) with fees, lunch, a/c super comfortable transportation, cold beverages and nature guide. We run private and group tours for the best prices in town, and even more important the best service.
The itinerary of our 10 in 1 Highlights of Costa Rica’s Pacific Coast Tour:
(Tour can start/finish earlier/later)
8:00am pick up time in Puntarenas and/or Caldera port.
(1) First stop to spot cute monkeys on their natural habitat transitional forest (the forest mostly dry in here than rainy specially by March). We also have fun taking you off the beaten paths for sure.
Scenic drive on nice roads, plantations, countrysides and more.
(2) 10:00am Second stop to take the crocodiles river cruise on the Tarcoles river, bird watching paradise as safari through the unique mangrove forest, there will be also the spectacular crocodile show when the captain of the boat gets closer to the largest croc.
(3) 11:15am Drive uphill the Carara rain forest park to learn more of the rain forest and looking for scarlet macaws and toucan birds on their nesting area. Stops to jump off the van and enjoy the scenarios and sights. Easy walks of you wish to explore the forest. We don’t suggest long hikes on these area due the big humidity and very warm weather often found overwhelming for foreign tourist not used to this tough weather.
(4) 11:45am We will enter lovely villa lapas mountain hotel and their unique Santa Lucía village with church and old town surrounded by lush forest and gardens, easy walk mostly at the shade of the forest, there is a large lobby area with gardens and good seating facility for those not walking at all. We will pass a short suspended bridges above the Bijagual tiny river, then we will reach the replica of a colonial village on the forest with nice and interesting trees, plants and lots of history. Some chances to see hummingbirds, butterflies, frogs and other cute wildlife depending on the time of the year, very clean restrooms also available and resting areas all the time.
(5) 12:40pm after 10 minutes drive we will take to enjoy Lunch at our beach front local restaurant with great food.
(6) 1:25pm Visit to lovely Punta Leona beach, white sand beach just at the end of the lush forest. Optional stop if the group wishes due some drive through dirt bumpy road required to reach this beach, there is a private good road to that beach but only for guest or members of a large resort.
(7) 2:25pm Visit to the local village to learn about the real Costa Rica and our Pura Vida lifestyle (happiest people in the world Check more)
(8) Stop at local store for coffee and souvenirs with lots of woodcraft, you can see the local artisans working the wood and others at this same stop.
(9) 2:50pm Heading back to port with quick stop at local farmers markets to learn about some important fruits and taste real flavored fruits naturally grown. This stop can be done also on the morning before the river cruise.
(10) 3:40pm Puntarenas city tour before we finish our tour.
4:00pm Drop off in Puntarenas port. (We definitely guarantee return to ship on time for boarding).
For private tours we definitely can custom the itinerary upon your request. We also have special deals for group tour bookings so please contact us for more details.
Our renovated fleet let us provide you premier quality services with maximum comfort and space to spread and enjoy at plentiful the ride as much as the seeing out with panoramic large windows, our Mercedes Benz vehicles also provides the latest standards of safety, despite they are brand new we surely give them the best maintenance to ensure you will have the best tour and we won’t leave you stranded anytime.
Rate on request.