Our new 10 in 1 Highlights of Costa Rica’s Pacific Coast Tour.
Our rate for this 8 hours tour from 8:00am to 4:00pm (customizable accordingly to the cruise ship’s schedule in our port) including lunch, a/c transportation, cold beverages and nature guide is 68 USD per person with minimum of 6 people in our new Mercedes Benz air conditioned, and very comfortable super large Vans (minibus type).
We already have other people signed up for this tour and coming on same cruise ship, you are welcome to join us.
Eventually if we have in the group more than 8 people cost drops to US$65 each and if 12 people to US$60 per person.
If eventually we get more people we will open a new tour group since we like to keep group tours in small size due the many stops and “off the beaten paths” type of stops not accesible for large buses.
The itinerary of the super highlights adventure 10 in 1 tour: 8:00am pick up time in Puntarenas port.
At the end of the dock by the gates where we will have a sign reading Odyssey tours and tour name ¨10 in 1 All Puntarenas highlights¨
(1) First stop to monkeys on their natural habitat (the forest mostly dry in here than rainy). We also have fun taking you off the beaten paths.
(2) 10:00am Second stop to take the crocodiles river cruise on the Tarcoles river, bird watching paradise as safari through the unique mangrove forest, there will be also the spectacular crocodile show when the captain of the boat gets closer to the largest crocodile.
(3) 11:15am Drive uphill the Carara rain forest park to learn more of the rain forest and looking for scarlet macaws and toucan birds on their nesting area.
Stops to jump off the van and enjoy the scenarios and sights.Easy walks of you wish to explore the forest.
We don’t suggest long hikes on these area due the big humidity and very warm weather often found overwhelming for foreign tourist not used to this tough weather
We also enter lovely villa lapas and their Santa Lucía church and old town surrounded by lush forest and gardens,
Easy walk mostly at the shade and passing one suspended bridges above a nice little creek.
Some chances to spot hummingbirds, butterflies and other wildlife depending on the time of the year.
(4) 12:40pm Enjoying Lunch at lovely local restaurant with great food.
(5) 1:25pm Visit to lovely Punta Leona beach, white sand beach just at the end of the lush forest. Optional stop if the group wishes due some drive through dirt bumpy road required to reach this beach, there is a private good road to that beach but only for guest or members of a large resort.
(6) 2:25pm Visit to the local village to learn about the real Costa Rica and our Pura Vida lifestyle (happiest people in the world Check more).
(7) stop at local store for coffee and souvenirs with lots of woodcraft.
(8) you can see the local artisans working the wood and others at this same stop.
(9) 2:50pm Heading back to port with quick stop at local farmers markets to learn about some important fruits and taste real flavored fruits naturally grown.
(10) 3:40pm Puntarenas city tour before we finish our tour.
4:00pm Drop off in Puntarenas dock. (We definitely guarantee return to ship on time for boarding).